Shop volunteering FAQs
What is the Oxfam Festival Shop?
The Oxfam Festival Shop is a touring pop-up shop, stocked with sustainable second-hand items and clothing. Each of our festival shops are run by Oxfam Shop Staff and Volunteers. More about shop volunteering
How do I apply?
Shop Volunteer applications will be opening in early 2024. Applications are subject to a satisfactory reference from your Oxfam manager, once we have received this we will process your application. If you have not volunteered with us before, we will get in touch to arrange a short telephone interview to find out about your shop volunteering experience. Once we have interviewed all candidates we will then confirm places via email. In the meantime, you can register for an account online.
What experience do I need?
To volunteer with The Oxfam Festival Shop:
- you must be a current Oxfam Shop Volunteer/Intern/Member of Staff with at least 3 months experience; or,
- have volunteered at two or more festivals or events with Oxfam’s Festival Shop in the past 4 years.
Your reference must be from a current Oxfam Member of Staff. If you are unable to meet these criteria, your application will not be successful.
Do I need to pay a deposit to volunteer in the Oxfam’s Festival Shop?
No, unlike stewarding you are not required to pay a deposit when applying for a festival shop volunteering role.
How long are the shifts in Oxfam’s Festival Shop?
Shifts during trading hours are up to six hours long. You will have one shift each day, including shop set-up, trading and pack-down. Below is an example of a standard Festival Shop schedule. Please note: with some festivals, we will need your help for longer, so check the onsite times and dates.
- Tuesday: arrive, set up camp, team meal, briefing (6pm – 8pm)
- Wednesday: hang and price stock, merchandise shop (up to 8hrs)
- Thursday to Sunday: a trading shift daily. This will rotate from morning, afternoon, evening. (9am – 3pm, 3pm – 9pm, 9pm – late)
- Monday: pack down the shop, pack up campsite, leave (9am – 1pm)
There may be the opportunity to swap shifts if they clash with your favourite band.
What facilities are available at the Festival Shop?
Once we have power behind the shop, which can take a few days, there will be:
- Hot water with tea and coffee; and,
- Phone charging sockets
You will receive two meal vouchers for each trading day of the festival. It’s important that you let us know your dietary requirements on your application. We recommend you bring snacks!
We will be camped either in the Oxfield or Staff Camping with access to showers and toilets.
What information do I need to put in my profile?
- A unique email address to sign up.
- An Oxfam Staff Member's email address for a reference. They will receive an email to confirm your volunteering role. We will not process your application further until we have received a satisfactory reference from your Oxfam Manager.
- Emergency contact.
- Dietary requirements.
- A passport photo for your ID card. Please see here for guidelines on providing an acceptable photograph.
- Phone number. If you are a returning volunteer, please check your profile contact details are correct. It is important we have your phone number for communication before, during, and after the festival.